£37000 - £40000 per annum
20 days ago
A Wheel Lathe Operator you will be working on a varied shift with overtime available, salary ranging between £37,000 and £40,000 dependant on experience.
Responsibilities of a Wheel Lather Operator whilst working in the role will include:
- Adhering to health & safety and local safety policy requirements, and other safety and technical standards
- Ensuring Freightliner company engineering standards and procedures are understood, applied, and followed.
- Tyre Turning locos, wagons, and loose wheelsets in accordance with approved maintenance plans and standards.
- Ensuring all relevant records for tyre turning are correctly completed to company standards through an electronic Asset Management System and excel spreadsheets.
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping whilst having an ability to identify and reduce hazards to ensure a clean and safe environment is maintained whilst carrying out your duties.
- Carry out all associated wheel lathe activities such as operating the forklift truck, cranes, and shunt vehicle.
- Carry basic preventive maintenance on the wheel lathe
- Being a good communicator.
Requirements for a Wheel Lathe Operator
- Commitment to adopting safe working practices
- An appreciation of mechanical maintenance activities and a willingness to learn.
- A background knowledge and experience of machining, working to tight tolerances and meticulous record keeping.
- Preferably apprentice trained or equivalent and have experience in mechanical maintenance practices
- A UK driving licence.
And successful candidate is also subject to standard pre-employment checks including employment references, medical, D&A screening and successful DBS background checks.
If you are a Wheel Lathe Operator and looking for your next exciting opportunity, contact me now to discuss further.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.