An exciting opportunity has arisen for several Welders to join one of our key Engineering/Rail clients based in Longport on a permanent basic. A salary of £24,000 + 7.5% shift allowance is on offer as well as other company benefits.
As a Welder your shifts will vary between both early and late shifts. The shift times would be 06:00 – 14:30 and 14:00 – 22:30
As a Welder you will lay out, fit, and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms, using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements, whilst always carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the company HSQE Policy. To be responsible for ensuring the quality, and accuracy of own work.
These roles are open to individuals from an ex-military, REME, engineering and manufacturing background looking to start a career within the rail industry.
As a Welder your role will include various tasks such as:
- To ensure that our customer’s locomotives are maintained to current legal, national, industry and company standards within the company’s contractual responsibilities.
- To ensure that our customers locomotives are delivered on time and to budget following repair and maintenance.
- Primarily focused on Longport activity, however, supporting all international business as requested.
- Maintain technical competence and attend any training courses required to maintain and improve technical standards and actively contribute to staff training.
- Level 2 or 3 Welding qualification and/or Apprenticeship.
- Abrasive Wheels Qualification (Desirable not essential)
- Ability to work within a technical or specialist area of expertise in order to continuously improve quality ·
- Considers problems as a challenge and able to identify and develop practical solutions, communicate the findings and implement action to resolve the problem.
- Seeks direction and authority from others when and if appropriate and achieve set goals in a non-assertive and efficient manner.
- Perfectionist with a need to get things right
If you are a Welder and looking for your next exciting opportunity contact me now to discuss further.