3 months ago
As a Wagon Fitter/Welder you will be working on a early shift Monday to Friday on a competitive salary.
Responsibilities of a Wagon Fitter/Welder whilst working in the role will include:
- Adhering to health & safety and local safety policy requirements, and other safety and technical standards.
- Ensuring Freightliner company engineering standards and procedures are understood, applied, and followed.
- Maintaining, servicing, and repairing wagons in accordance with approved maintenance plans
- Ensuring all relevant records for examinations and repairs is correctly completed to company standards through our electronic Asset Management System
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping whilst having an ability to identify and reduce hazards to ensure a clean and safe environment is maintained whilst carrying out your duties.
- Being a good communicator.
Requirements for a Wagon Fitter/Welder
- Commitment to adopting safe working practices.
- A willingness to be flexible,
- An underpinning knowledge and an ability to understand mechanical and pneumatic systems.
- An appreciation of mechanical maintenance activities and a willingness to learn.
- A background knowledge and experience of rolling stock maintenance would be advantageous.
- Preferably apprentice trained or equivalent and have experience in mechanical maintenance practices.
If you are a Wagon fitter/Welder and looking for your next exciting opportunity, contact me now to discuss further.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.