£30100 per annum
about 1 month ago
As a Wagon Fitter you will be working early and late shifts Monday to Friday. It’s a starting salary of £30,100 per annum and overtime is available at an improved rate.
As a Wagon fitter you will be carrying out mechanical tasks on a fleet of wagons, these tasks include such things as:
- Adhere to health & safety and local safety policy requirements, and other safety and technical standards
- Ensure company engineering standards and procedures are applied and followed.
- Maintain, service, and repair wagons in accordance with approved maintenance plans
- Ensure all relevant paperwork for examinations and repairs is correctly completed to company standards
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping to ensure a clean and safe environment
Requirements of a wagon fitter are:
- Commitment to safe working practices
- Apprentice trained or time served
- Experience in mechanical maintenance activities
- Knowledge of rolling stock would be advantageous
We are looking for fitters who have a mechanical background and have experience of working on some form of fleet/vehicles. These roles are open to individuals from an ex-military, REME, engineering and manufacturing background looking to start a career within the rail industry.
If you are a fitter and looking for your next exciting opportunity, contact me now to discuss further.