TXM Recruit are working with a global leader in train manufacturing who continuously break new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. They have an urgent requirement for a Value Engineer to join their company based in the East Midlands, the heartbeat of the UK Rail Industry.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Value Engineer, based in Derby, United Kingdom.
You will be part of a global team that will greatly contribute to define innovative ways to product development and efficiency in delivery across product cycle, covering a large range of mobility solutions. You will play a key role in ensuring that the objectives in terms of cost and lead time reduction are successfully met in every project. You will be one of the main drivers in building a culture oriented on value optimisation and continuous improvement across the entire organisation.
- Analyse product design data, of which technical specifications, client requirements, and part functionalities, in order to determine gaps and flaws with selected design criteria, leverage of standardized parts, as well as targeted design-to-value ratios.
- Coordinate and execute design engineering activities, by developing and applying standardized design criteria with a cost reduction mindset.
- Ensure the liaison between Engineering, Methods and Production to identify and recommend design modifications to reduce cost, weight, and improve manufacturability, as well as assembly productivity.
- Coordinate testing of new parts and assemblies, and perform assessment of test results.
- Develop methods and tools to predict, track, and report induced costs during early design stages.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in an Engineering or Methods function, preferably within the transportation industry
- Track record of successful design to value induced cost reduction initiatives
- Abilities to work across functions, and in teams
- Abilities to challenge the status quo, at fast pace
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to identify problems, and resolve them in a structured manner
- Continuous improvement and performance oriented
- Willingness to travel for business purposes
If you feel you have the relevant qualifications along with experience to succeed in this role then please send me your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 07505812377