Salary to be discussed upon application
21 days ago
As an Upholsterer the role will involve preparation of pre used busses, to upholster the seating / change frames and bolsters as needed to make as good as new for the busses second life – This will mean taking the old seats apart, reusing the parts that are salvageable reviewing against the customer contract and KPIs.
Where parts are to be changed more than contract to work out the time and parts needed to make good and advise the Workshop Controller the value for customer approval - All work is to a hight quality standard within the agreed timeframe.
The quality / time to complete will be set prior to each job within the bus rectification agreement with the customer and our timescale to meet this within the whole refurbishment process.
As an Upholsterer you will work Monday to Friday days, salary to be discussed on application.
As an Upholsterer task will include:
- Repair or replace upholstery in buses.
- Removes old upholstery from seats and door panels of vehicle.
- Measures new padding – bolsters and covering materials, and cuts them to required dimensions, using knife or shears within safety guidelines.
- Adjusts or replaces seat bolsters and wooden frame as needed.
- Sews covering material together, using sewing machine.
- Fits covering to seat frame and secures it with glue and tacks.
- Repairs or replaces as needed to fit within the customer agreed contract.
- Refurbishes interiors of buses by replacing cushions drapes if needed floor coverings.
If you are an Upholsterer and hold the above skills and experience and looking for your next opportunity, click to apply.