£217.39 per day
16 days ago
This position contributes to organisational success by:
- The making of all the required bookings in support of the business by all relevant modes including Road, Rail, Air and Short Sea Crossings.
- Quote analysis / choosing best cost/ service solutions
- The provision of correct customs instructions to designated customs agents.
- Documentation control (checking commercial invoices for required data).
- Documentation collation & filing (digital)
- The support of operational and line management to ensure smooth and accurate operational delivery of logistics services.
- The support of stakeholders within and without the business in the smooth delivery of logistics services.
- Maintenance support of bookings database and allocation of correct PO coverage to the relevant services according to the correct project allocation.
- Service selection and where necessary justification in support of operational logistics requirements.
- Adhere to company and functional policies and procedures.
- A self-starter able to manage independently in a time pressured and challenging environment.
- Good time management skills: managing priorities and adherence to deadlines.
- Able to negotiate service delivery and making suitable arrangements directly with supply chain and logistics providers.
- Appreciation of cost saving methodologies and logistics optimisation.
- Good commercial acumen and data presentation skills with an ability to support, influence and persuade stakeholders
- Good working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft office packages
- Educated to an appropriate level or experience.
- Experience in logistics or transport logistics
- Strong work ethic, highly motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Builds effective relationships collaborating at all levels underpinned by openness, honesty & respect.
- Takes commitment seriously and does what they say they will do whilst holding others to account.
- Desire to understand working with different business cultures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates perseverance, patience and commitment
- Good organisation/time management
- Enjoys challenges and problem solving. Highly organised and methodical