£25.73 per hour
about 1 month ago
Working to strict health and safety guidelines and test processes to ensure all work is completed safely and delivery targets are achieved. To record and analyse test results and resolve any potential failures to exceed the customer’s quality expectations.
Key activities and responsibilities during project mobilisation include:
- Support the Engineers in developing test procedures using knowledge transfer, test specifications, engineering drawings and manufacturing instructions.
- Support in implementation of newly developed procedures – involving where necessary; trialling procedures on early production vehicles, specifying tools/equipment, devising safe systems of work, methods for collecting/recording test results.
- Receive training in test procedures and use of test equipment/tools/facilities, some training may be based off site and involve staying away from home.
- Support in training the wider test team in application of the newly developed test procedures and working methods.
Key activities and responsibilities within Test and Validation will then include:
- Carry out routine testing as per test procedures, in accordance with the testing processes required to deliver the correct number of trains on time as per the delivery plan.
- Record any testing carried out and results as per stipulated processes (i.e., SAP). Analyse results to establish whether pass/fail and act on results accordingly.
- Work with and support the relevant stakeholders in cross functional team tasks.
- Undertake fault finding, repair, installation and maintenance activities using appropriate technical information.
- Monitor, review and update the asset management system (e.g., SAP).
- Support Section Leads and Team Leads with train administration, access control and safe system of work management.
- Support Team Leads & Engineers in investigation of failures and feedback to the relevant stakeholders, with technical detail of issues arising from the test programme.
- Support continual improvement of the testing processes, systems and development of existing and new test procedures – verify new documents and contribute to achieving improvement actions.
- Follow all tooling & equipment processes and policies.
- Carry out train moves as required, following procedures and policy i.e., drive/shunt rail vehicles/trains in the test house, sidings, production and on the test track.
- Receive training and assessments as required to maintain your competence for the role. Some training may be off site and involve staying away from home.
- Work within the test competency model and strive towards being fully competent in all activities.
- For tasks you are fully competent in; check, oversee and sign off work done by others at a lower competence level.
- Assist in training/development of colleagues and wider test team in line with your own competence.
- Flexibility required working towards business goals, in any area within the factory, including the sidings and test track. This may include working off site.
- Deputise for the Team Leads as and when required.
- To understand and adhere to Test housekeeping policy.
- To understand and actively promote and implement Hitachi’s ethos, culture and values.
- To adhere to the Hitachi Rail Limited Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To comply with and implement Hitachi Rail Limited Health and Safety policy.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as may be required.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate all the Essential Requirements listed below.
- Strong Health and Safety ethos.
- A high-performance culture with a drive for continuous improvement.
- Ability to follow laid down procedures without deviation.
- Experience in testing and engineering.
- Knowledge & understanding of ISO 9000 principles.
- Attention to detail and the determination on quality standards are essential personal attributes.
- Ability to interpret test results and to conduct failure investigations and report accordingly.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with others.
- Good literacy & numeracy skills and IT Skills.
- Other Requirements
- Experience within an Operational Railway Environment would be advantageous.
- Full UK Driving Licence advantageous.
- Educated to min NVQ Level 3 in a relevant engineering discipline (preferably electrical)
Working Monday to Friday 7am – 3pm and 3pm to 11pm rotating shift pattern
Please note – the dept are considering changing to working the following hours – this is not confirmed or agreed as yet
Mon to Thurs 6am – 6pm week 1 Mon to Thurs 6pm to 6am week 2
Time and a Half Overtime (Monday to Saturday) /Hr £38.60
Double Time Overtime (Sunday / Bank Holidays) /Hr £51.46
Backshift Standard /Hr £30.86
Nightshift Standard /Hr £33.44
Hitachi Rail, Merchant Park, Millennium Way, Aycliffe Business Park, Newton Aycliffe, County Durham. DL5 6AE
Please click on the link or contact Tanya Wallace to apply.