£19.60 per hour, Benefits: Pay: £19.60 per hour via Umbrella or £14.91 per hour via PAYE
10 months ago
Pay: £19.60 umbrella rate or £14.91 PAYE (Uplift on rate for back shift and overtime)
Shifts: Days - 7am to 3pm and Backs - 3pm to 11pm (You must be able to work both shifts)
Location: Newton Aycliffe
As a Test Team Member you will be responsible for:
Assisting in the undertaking of factory acceptance testing of newly manufactured trains as per laid down procedures. Working to strict health and safety guidelines and test processes to ensure all work is completed safely and delivery targets are achieved in line with core KPI’s and Hitachi values.
Key activities and responsibilities:
• Assist in carrying out factory acceptance testing as per test procedures, in accordance with the testing processes required to deliver the correct number of trains on time as per the delivery plan.
• Adhere to and promote all aspects of Health and Safety, showing that you care and that you take responsibility for your own and others’ safety and well being.
• Creating and maintaining a positive working environment within your team. Achieved through a constructive and can do approach. Personally demonstrating Hitachi Company values in behaviors, interactions and day to day working practices.
• Support continual improvement of the testing processes and assist in the development of existing and new test procedures
• Use tools and materials in an appropriate and efficient way, including booking out of tools/materials as per laid down procedures, carry out pre-use checks and report defects or out of calibration items.
• Support tool management, manning the stores and monitoring processes including calibration.
• Receive training and assessments as required to maintain your competence for the role. Some training may be off site.
• Record and report on work carried out.
• Work within the test competency model and strive towards being fully competent in all activities assigned to your role.
• Flexibility required, working in any area within the factory, including the sidings and test track.
• Performing a variety of tasks whilst maintaining the highest standards of safety, quality and efficiency.
• Making decisions on and taking responsibility for high levels of Quality Standards in own work.
• Work with Engineers and Test Technicians on problem solving and improvement activities.
• To understand and adhere to Test housekeeping policy.
• Use Shunter to move rail vehicles within the test department, assist in train movements, setting points and filling train consumables as required.
• Continually promote and support the Hitachi culture within the team and adhere to our Code of Conduct, treating others with respect at all times.
• Act as an effective team member through:-
o Collaboration with your own and other teams.
o Open and honest and respectful communication.
o Open mindedness and flexibility
o Demonstrate pride in your work and the company
• Contribute to maintaining the highest standards of housekeeping.
• Contribute to building a culture of sharing best practice across the plant.
• Minimise waste in processes.
• To be aware of and actively promote and implement Hitachi’s ethos, culture and values.
• To adhere to the Hitachi Rail Europe’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
• To comply with and support Hitachi Rail Europe’s Health and Safety and Environment policy.
• To undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as may be required
Key Skills & Experience
Applicants should be able to demonstrate all of the Essential Requirements listed below:
• Strong Health and Safety ethos.
• A high performance culture with a drive for continuous improvements
• Able to perform a variety of laid down procedures with good levels of dexterity.
• Demonstrate a good standard of numeracy, literacy and IT skills.
• Excellent attention to detail on quality standards.
• Knowledge & understanding of ISO 9000 principles
• The ability to work to deadlines and deliver to schedule.
• Willing to communicate openly, honestly respectfully at all levels within the organisation.
• Ability to follow laid down procedures without deviation.
• Willing to learn new job skills - Kaizen, 6S and participate in improvement activities.
• A willingness to work flexibly and a positive approach to work and working patterns.
• Ability to work alone or within a team.
• Be willing to take responsibility for own performance.
• Have a ‘Can do’ attitude to supporting both train testing and other functions.
• Be willing to undertake travel in the UK.
• Experience of working within a team environment as an effective team member.
• Experience of working with one or more of the following:-
o Electrical wiring
o Pneumatic air systems
o Use of Mechanical hand tools
• A practical approach to physical tasks
Please Note: This role is INSIDE IR35.
For more information please contact Thomas Kellogg from TXM Recruit or click to apply.