TXM Recruit are currently working with a Train Operating Company in the West Midlands to recruit a Technical Trainer who will be responsible for the delivery of training to technical staff for Projects, New Fleet and Modifications.
Technical Trainer Responsibilities
- Reports to the Training and Development Manager and the Production Delivery Manager.
- Ensure site safety in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act, appropriate legislation and regulations
- Identify areas for improvement by personal checks, audits, finished work inspections, periodic checks, risk assessments, area walk rounds.
- Monitor the fleet whilst on Depot and liaise with colleagues located at Outstations or in Control to include monitoring faults and failures to identify training needs.
- Contribute to the development of the fleet in terms of reliability and improvements to the train environment by making proposals to improve these areas.
Technical Trainer Requirements:
- Experienced in Railway Vehicle Fault finding
- Experienced in delivering Training
- Experienced in Human Resource procedures
- Man-management experience and formal training, including a sound technical knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical Systems.
- ONC / HNC trained or Railway Apprentice trained
- SCWR assessed in Rail Vehicle Maintenance
- Car and Small Van driving Licence
- PTS and DP certified
- RSSB Human Factors and Risk Based Analysis Trained
- Recognised qualifications in an engineering discipline Recognised Training Qualification at level 3 Minimum with Assessor Units
- Competitive salary
- Free standard travel on network
- 75% discount on all other train operating companies over most of the UK rail network.
- Enrollment to the pension scheme