£43000 - £45000 per annum
3 months ago
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Technician (or existing Trainers) who wants to move into a Trainer role, working with brand new state of the art trains, delivering bespoke work packages to new/existing employees.
This role is based out of Canton & Taff Wells depots.
This role has a salary of £43,000 pa rising to £45k upon completion of training, the role is working Monday to Friday on Day shift predominantly (shifts as required to carry out assessments)
No prior training experience is necessary as The ideal individual will have had exposure to coaching/mentoring or training within other transferable areas, be outgoing, friendly and have a passion for helping others grow.
- Designing, delivering and continually improving training programmes and sessions for sub systems of Trains entering service.
- Being a subject matter expert for new Trains and ensuring all staff migrating from old fleets to new fleets are trained and competent to carry out their roles.
- Remaining current and up to date with in service changes and modifications made to Trains and re-training/re-briefing staff when required.
- Supporting the production team by providing coaching and mentoring on new fleets, to ensure staff maintain high standards of work and technical expertise.
- Ability to assist with development of technical instructions and procedures and ensure that training, assessment and coaching content is amended or developed as required.
- Ensuring Training methods, standards, facilities and equipment remain fit for purpose to support effective delivery
- Identify Training equipment requirements and assist in the creation of new equipment to support with training staff
- Supporting the Competence & Training Manager to identify training needs for roles across the business.
- Attainment of NVQ/BTEC Level 3 in a Electrical Engineering discipline
- Highly experienced in fault finding including remote and off platform diagnostics.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and electrical schematics.
- Some experience of applying coaching, mentoring or instructional skills in the workplace.
- Excellent IT skills and ability to work with the Microsoft Office packages.
- Training Qualification (or willing to work towards)
- Assessing Qualification (or willing to work towards)
The role comes with a generous benefits package including 33 Days holiday, generous pension contribution, Membership of health cashback plans & Flexi time scheme etc
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, Please Apply Now!