Doncaster, United Kingdom
over 1 year ago
TXM Recruit are looking for a Technical Author to join a large rolling stock manufacturing company based in Doncaster on a 6 month rolling contract.
Responsibilities of a Technical Author:
- You will be required to produce technical documentation such as; maintenance manuals, spare parts catalogue, training plans, fault finding guides and modification manuals
- Produce templates for all manuals and agree layout with key stakeholders
- Set up a data library to capture and store all technical documentation received. Ensure all documents are logged and stored.
- Support the QHSE department with regards to risk assessing all modification documents
- Work with the material and procurement departments to ensure the correct materials are called for on each modification task
- Utilise proven experience of working with authorising software and systems controls
Requirements of a Technical Author:
- Electrically biased
- Rolling stock experience is preferable, willing to consider candidates from a production background
- Word processing skills
- No specific qualifications are required
- Minimum of 3 years experience within a Technical Author role
If you believe you fit the requirements above and are interested in finding out some more details on the role then please click 'APPLY' and the team here at TXM Recruit will be in touch shortly.