Salary dependant on experience
26 days ago
Location: Milton Keynes
Start Date: ASAP
We are looking to find a stores operative to work with this manufacturing business based in Milton Keynes. The successful candidate will have worked in an Automotive, Aerospace Engineering or Manufacturing environment. You will be working in the Stores department of this busy operation where parts are picked and packed and prepared.
- To ensure that stock accuracy levels are maximised at all times by recording the issue/removal and/or moving of all parts including proprietary and consumables, using the stock management system between all storage locations, including archive storage and offsite storage.
- To ensure that any errors are kept to a minimum as attention to detail & a high level of accuracy are key to this role.
- Returned parts/picks should be booked back into stock immediately to reduce loss and re-ordering problems (i.e. nothing should be sitting in a box in stores un-located).
- When picking items, stock should be checked to be correct
- To proactively inform planners of shortages in picks by reporting as a pick has been processed.
- The stores person will be asked to perform regular weekly stock counts which will ensure high levels of stock accuracy are maintained.
- If required to, cover other stores areas and be familiar with the areas routines and processes.
- To use a forklift truck for the purposes of loading and unloading vehicles
- To meet aggressive targets without compromising attention to detail and accuracy.
- To ensure stores security is met at all times.
- To maintain professional standards of general departmental housekeeping and with regard to parts storage and identification in all stores areas.
If this store operative position looks like it could be your next role, please click apply and we will be in contact as soon a s possible
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you