about 1 year ago
Currently seeking Rail Shunter on a permanent basis to join a growing rail business based in Camden London.
As a Shunter you will be working on a varied shift pattern and will be offered a competitive Salary of £25175 which includes all allowances. You will also get free rail travel on all West Midlands and Abellio services as well as 75% of all other rail travel across the UK
As a Rail Shunter your role will include various tasks such as:
- Work to the instruction of the Depot Manger or Depot Operations Controller as directed and within competence
- always Ensure your personal safety and the safety of others, report any close calls, safety opportunities and accidents/incidents through the correct process
- Ensure that all traction movements are safe and comply with training, local instructions, rules and regulations. Ensure clear and concise communications with Drivers and Signalmen
- Undertake the shunting of vehicles arriving at and departing the depot complex, in accordance with the current rules and regulations as specified in the Industry Group Standard and Depot Operating Instructions.
- Prepare, marshal and dispose of all traction which arrives and departs the depot. Prepare all traction which are ready for service
- Book out through the correct process consumables from the stores and notify the Depot Manager if any replenishment is required
- Always keep the place of work clean and tidy, this involves cleaning of the facility
- Have worked as a Rail Shunter previously.
- Must have an ability to communicate clearly and confidently with all levels of personnel both written and oral
- Demonstrate ability to work on own initiative.
- Good interpersonal skills
If you are a Rail Shunter and looking for your next exciting opportunity contact me now to discuss this role further.