Senior Electrical Engineer
This is a newly created position with a UK Market Leader in renewable energy solutions. The role of Senior Electrical Engineer will be to take the lead on safety and compliance for electrical and control systems installations and operations, reporting into Operations Management and supporting the Site Managers and compliance teams.
You will be working on strategy and process for multiple UK sites and coordinating the work for the onsite engineering teams and contractors. Therefore, there will be expensed travel of 20% upwards.
Senior Electrical Engineer responsibilities
- Manage safety and compliance for installations, operations and maintenance of electrical systems.
- Working in partnership with internal teams and liaising with external competent persons
- In addition to electrical systems, you will oversee the Control Systems (PLCs and SCADA).
- You will be responsible for managing the DSEAR and ATEX requirements, whilst acting as the company’s CompEx qualified person (training available).
- Assist the operations team in maximising site efficiency and performance and continuous improvement to ensure the site is fully operational.
Experience and Qualifications
- Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent
- Experience with HV / high voltage electrical systems
- Organising schedules for planned preventative maintenance
- ATEX and DSEAR aware
- Ideally, CompEx EX1-4 certified
- Experience with the programming and fault finding of Control Systems: PLC an SCADA (ideally).
- Prepare to travel with full UK Driving License.
This is an interesting opportunity to shape strategy for the electrical systems and maintenance plans at a time of continual growth for the business with good prospects for 2019.
If you are interested in this Senior Electrical Engineer opportunity, please contact James Powell here at TXM Recruit.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.