We are currently looking for experienced composite design engineers with CATIA V5 experience to join one of our clients based in Huntingdon who focus heavily in composite manufacturing in the Aerospace and Automotive industry.
Role - Design Engineer
Location - Huntingdon
Permanent / Days
Salary - Competitive Basic + benefits
To design and specify tooling, components and assemblies in order to meet safety, performance, quality specifications, within cost and time constraints. To provide advice to assist more junior design engineers, and to check their work as required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design composite components and tooling using Catia V5
- Design bonding, machining and inspection jigs and fixtures
- Produce detailed manufacturing drawings including BOMs
- A thorough understanding of Geometric Tolerancing (G, D&T)
- Carry out engineering calculations to ensure functionality of designs
- Support shop floor staff as required to ensure manufacture in-line with design intent
- Check and approve design work carried out by more junior design engineers, prior to release.
- Liaise with customers as required to allow efficient transfer of data, and to ensure designs meet the customers’ expectations
- Responsible for customer support on all engineering and design related issues
- Support suppliers to assist with specifications, and to ensure subsequent manufacture is in accordance with design intent.
- Responsible for the maintenance and improvement of the company’s CAD systems and procedures
If you are interested in the above position, please send CV across to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Craig on 01908 228642 to discuss.