Competitive Salary + Benefits
about 2 months ago
As a Senior Buyer, you will work in close collaboration with the businesses R&D and global purchasing team. The Senior Buyer will plan and implement the sourcing activities of early engineering development projects and new vehicle projects, maintaining frequent supplier contacts.
As senior buyer, you will be leading the procurement, negotiations and cost management for commodities within the Chassis functional teams to market competitive pricing with an emphasis on sustainability.
Senior Buyer Main responsibilities
- Lead sourcing for specific commodities within the Chassis functional teams. Such as brakes, suspension, steering components, dampers, knuckles, subframes, springs, wheels. In addition, cooling systems, compressor, ducts and hoses.
- Collaborate with Engineering and act as main contact for all commercial issues towards suppliers.
- Develop sourcing strategies, carry out market test analysis and benchmarking studies.
- Prepare and manage the RFQ process through to negotiation, implementation and ongoing monitoring of supplier agreements.
- Prepare presentations focused on business case and supplier evaluation (financial, logistics, sustainability, D&D).
- Coordinate cross functional teams comprising of Engineering, Programme Management, Quality, Cost Estimating, Manufacturing and Legal to secure the project deliverables.
- Collaborate with global Purchasing team to maximize corporate synergies.
- 5 years+ direct material purchasing experience from the automotive industry, preferably within Chassis functional teams.
- University degree in business, engineering or equivalent work experience
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office packages; experience with Procurement ordering and management systems and processes.
- Good understanding about cost structure, with fact-based negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills and fluent in English.
- Smart and nimble mind-set, with efficient working performance under complicated global environment. International experience (esp. China) would be an advantage
If this Senior Buyer role sounds like the right fit for you, please contact Ida Iannone on 01908 228627 or on email@example.com at TXM Recruit.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.