over 1 year ago
We are looking to recruit a caretaker for a school based in Ealing, your role would be to ensure the security, care and availability of the education premises and its furniture, fittings and equipment as well as to ensure the physical environment of the premises is satisfactory for users; and to promote the efficient use of the Councils assets to support the educational objectives of the establishment and the activities of other site users.
Working hours = 0600-1500 Mon-Fri
Pay rate = £9.48 Per hour
To undertake minor repairs such as works in relation to installation/repair/re-fitting and/or adaptation of wall mounted fixtures or fittings requiring the use of manual and/or power tools and proprietary masonry and hollow partition anchors. These works include light-weight shelving systems, small cupboards, advertising or notice boards, coat hooks, metal or timber bracketing clips, hangers and rails, and sundry items not specified.
- Take responsibility of site security which will include opening the site in the mornings and ensure site is locked and secure with the alarm set at night.
- To complete testing of pool water samples and monitor and maintain the condition of the hydrotherapy pool once training has been completed.
- Movement of furniture and other items as required for things like exams, assemblies and lettings. Accepting deliveries to site and making sure they are tracked and moved to the right area/person within the school.
- Effective temporary repairs or making good repairs to holes or otherwise defective chain link fences by re-stitching/straightening with nylon wire, string or rope.
- Maintain in a sound watertight state joints/junction in low level rainwater fittings using proprietary sealant. Re-fixing loose or otherwise defective brackets or clips.
- Replacement of defective tap washers, toilet pull cords, toilet syphon’s and sink plugs
- Unblocking of sinks, toilets and drains, internal as well as in external areas. Also, general maintenance to rainwater covers.
- Taking down curtains/blinds and their re-fixing after cleaning or replacement.
- Minor maintenance work to window fittings by removing excess paint work from sashes and transoms, repairs to stays and greasing or oiling jammed pulleys.
- Measuring and cutting to size, using hand saw, timber or board materials generally.
- Re-fixing/securing door hinges, door furniture, replacing locks of a similar design and size (not requiring specialist or locksmith skills). Simple adjustments to closers, but not double action or other specialist fittings.
- Undertaking other repairs that are not mentioned but are within the post holders’ competence.
- Carrying out painting and decoration tasks as directed by the line manager.
- Some outside working will be required, which may include but is not limited to litter picking, weeding, watering of plants and general site inspections.
- To carry out additional responsibilities as directed by the line manager which fit in with general site maintenance.
- On occasions carry out other duties as directed by the line manager relating to site safety, security, cleaning or general site services.
To carry out PPM’s as required such as:
- Monthly Tap Temperature Testing
- Weekly Outlet Flushing
- Quarterly Shower Head De-Scale
- Monthly Fire Extinguisher Inspections
- Monthly Fire Door Inspections
- Weekly Refuge Alarm Testing
- Weekly Fire Alarm Testing
- Weekly Sprinkler Testing
- Monthly Meter Reads
- Ladder Inspections
- Watering of Grounds
- Monthly Emergency Light Testing
Qualifications or Required Experience: Caretaking Experience preferably in a school environment, plumbing or carpentry background preferred. Physically fit.
This role is a temporary to permanent role meaning that for the right candidate a permanent opportunity will be available at the end of it. If you are an experienced and diligent handyman, caretaker or groundsman then this may be just the role you are looking for!
Full Enhanced DBS Required