Are you looking to work on some of the rail industry’s most exciting projects? TXM are working with the largest global manufacturer of rail vehicles to recruit a Safety & Reliability Engineer.
The primary purpose of this role is the conducting of analysis to enable the reliability and safety assurance for UK projects to ensure acceptable levels of vehicle safety and reliability
The role is to ensure that safety and reliability is managed during project phases up until the point of service introduction of the product following approval by the respective approval authorities.
The role requires the conducting of product safety and reliability management activities undertaken to ensure that, within timescale and budget constraints, products are demonstrably reliable and safe by design and build, and that all necessary customer and regulatory body safety/reliability related endorsements are obtained for passenger service operation.
- Maintenance of a detailed robust plan and budget for the work undertaken
- Performance of reliability and safety assessment activities associated with the defined role to achieve the timely substantiation of the designs to enable them to enter passenger service.
- Support the development and production of National or European standards and processes for the management of reliability and safety to ensure that the future development of Company objectives and activities are appropriately aligned and acceptable.
- Provide a source of expertise and advice to other members of the Product Safety and Reliability Dept. and the project in relation to project safety and reliability matters
- Technical domain experience essential, System Integration experience essential, System Architectural understanding essential.
- An in depth knowledge and experience of fault analysis techniques, processes and tools.
- Significant experience and hands on delivery of the design, analysis, development, testing and delivery of engineering solutions that solve complex requirements.
- Provide cost and schedule estimates on complicated engineering programs.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to use this technical knowledge in the support of other departments (engineering, production, procurement, projects) and the development of less experienced engineering personnel.
- Knowledge of safety approval processes and regulatory requirements and a experience of delivering against these.
- Has sound understanding of concepts and procedures in product reliability and a good knowledge in related disciplines such as FMEA, RCM, Fault tree analysis, FRACAS, HAZOP, FMCEA, DOORS
For more information contact Ben Anderson on either firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 07894819517