£43000 - £45000 per annum
26 days ago
As the Safety & Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of compliance and Health & Safety
- You will be accountable for maintaining our ISO Accreditations, maintaining our compliance and safety management adherence across the business.
- The Safety & Compliance Manager will also be tasked with ensuring that our internal teams, suppliers and coordinators comply with contractual obligations and legal requirements for delivering road transport services support and solutions to our client base.
- You will also oversee a programme of internal and external audits, reviewing our collation and reporting data, presenting it to our internal and external stakeholders as well as any legislative bodies.
- Leadership and collaboration with the team to ensure that all rail replacement services are safe, reliable and efficient through auditing, ensuring that we are compliant with the Group Assurance requirements.
- You will also oversee the yearly external supplier audit programme, including site visits, desktop audits, compliance folder checks and mystery shopping tours.
- As the Safety & Compliance Manager will also be tasked with promoting change initiatives within the Compliance and Safety department and creating a culture which develops employees and supports our succession plans, managing performance, training, qualifications and development of staff within the safety and compliance team.
- Strong background working in a Health & Safety team within the workplace, operationally.
- Line management experience is essential, as well as someone who can work well in a team with proven experience of delivering consistent and high quality results.
- Excellent written, IT, oral and presentation skills with the ability to explain and present audit and performance results to senior management, whilst also having the ability to locate and extract data to define, recommend and implement workable solutions to audit issues.
- Ideally this individual will have experience working in the Transport industry within a compliance environment.
- Stakeholder management experience is essential.