£44642 - £53570 per annum
22 days ago
This role has a basic salary of £44,642 pa rising to £53,570 with shift allowance, the role is working shift covering 24/7 including Nights.
The ideal individual will have to have had exposure to the Rolling stock industry however isn't necessary as out of industry will be considered such as RAF, REME, Avionics, FMCG, Offshore etc
This is an Electrical bias role
- Undertake fault finding and identify the associated repair required
- Undertake and provide support across the business for all condition monitoring and manually monitored systems on the train and its interfaces
- Provide assistance and technical feedback to the RAMS / Performance Engineer and depot production teams on technical incidents, including Line of Route Technicians as required
- Act as systems specialists (systems to be distributed throughout the team)
- Perform functional system tests on mechanical, electrical, electronic and software systems and performing specific measurements as prescribed/required
- Monitor unit/train performance and become involved in escalated repeat failures, to ensure prompt diagnosis and rectification is achieved in line with availability requirements as well as providing feedback on lessons learnt
- Investigate ideas for safety and performance modifications and component enhancements with support from the RAMS/Performance Engineer and depot production team members
- Served a recognised apprenticeship to minimum City and Guilds/ BTEC level with Mechanical / Electrical / electronic bias.
- Extensive professional engineering experience in maintenance
- Knowledge and experience in modern technical systems and fault finding techniques and the interaction between these, conducting and leading complex root cause investigations and reading electrical / mechanical schematics competently
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Experience of planning and scheduling work
- Experience of managing small teams including first line people management issues
- Knowledge of maintenance activities with a large multi-disciplined transport fleet.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, Please Apply Now