£44537 - £56784 per annum
22 days ago
This role has a base salary of £44,536.96 pa rising after completion of competencies, for a total salary of £56,784 pa with shift allowance, the role is working shift covering 24/7 including Nights.
The ideal individual will have to have had exposure to the Rolling stock industry however isn't necessary as out of industry will be considered such as RAF, REME, Avionics, FMCG, Offshore etc. Prior commissioning experience is an advantage.
This is an Electrical bias role
- Undertake commissioning activities, functional testing from testing of the wiring (continuity test, insulation and voltage tests) through to the static and dynamic commissioning of complete rail vehicles.
- Undertake fault finding utilising software tools to identify the root cause and associated repair required of the electronic, electrical and electromechanical components (doors, air conditioning systems, traction equipment, passenger information systems, train protection systems, vehicle control technology, etc.).
- Responsible for the complete logging of the resulting test and measurement results.
- Preparing and accompanying test drives/runs on our own site or on the public rail network.
- Operational support, troubleshooting and implementation of warranty work.
- Undertake software uploads and updates to all applicable sub-systems following due process and procedures ensuring configuration and control is maintained at all times.
- Provide mentoring and support for other members of the production team and promote knowledge transfer.
- Produce high quality reports in relation to all commissioning and other defects, both at system and component level.
- Provide On-Call Support as part of an on call roster
- Served a recognised apprenticeship to minimum City and Guilds/ BTEC level with Mechanical / Electrical / electronic bias
- Extensive professional engineering, commissioning experience in (preferably in rolling stock) maintenance
- Knowledge and experience in modern technical systems and fault finding techniques and the interaction between these, conducting and leading complex root cause investigations and reading electrical / mechanical schematics competently
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, Please Apply Now