£60000 per annum
about 2 months ago
TXM Recruit are recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to work with an award-winning organisation to cover a large value project based in the Barnsley
What will you deliver:
- Post contract award taking the estimating – operations review and work with the project operations and procurement team to secure best pricing options covering plant, materials, and subcontractor, that improves upon the financial targets pre-set at the review, through market engagement and negotiations.
- Continuously work with the assigned project teams to plan, monitor and review labour cost performance.
- Manage subcontract cost performance, to ensure cost certainty is maintained and commercial risk is removed.
- Agree monthly valuations with all subcontract supply chain.
- Responsible for agreeing sub-contract final accounts that delivers on project performance targets, without introducing risk.
- Responsible for agreeing project final accounts with client PQS team, in line with performance expectations.
- Extensive experience in a building services design and build led environment.
- A self-starter, with a passion for continuous improvement.
- A track record in delivering to or better than set budget targets.
- Experience in preparing and negotiating legal and commercial aspects of sizeable contracts
- An understanding of the principles of risk management
- Ideally qualified to HNC/HND/degree level in Quantity surveying, building services, construction.
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday (8am to 5pm)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting, friendly, and fast paced team, delivering essential services.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.
If you want to register your interest and apply, please contact me on the below or apply online: