£23.50 per hour
7 days ago
As a Projects Support Officer you will be assigned to a Programme Delivery Team and will be responsible for ensuring that the necessary project governance is in place to support the successful execution of all projects within that Programme.
• Support the Project Manager in establishing the governance for the project, ensuring that all project controls, documentation and processes are in place to enable effective monitoring, communication and reporting
• Support the project and the Project Management Office with formal Phase Gate reviews
• Ensure that project management documentation is created and maintained to appropriate standards, including: project plans, management reporting, risk, issue and change logs
• Act as custodian of all core project documents
• Establish project meeting governance and facilitate workshops and reviews, including the preparation of necessary inputs and outputs as required, in accordance with the framework defined by the Project Management Office
• Monitor progress of all open actions, issues and risks associated with the effective delivery of the project, resolving and/or escalating issues where required
• Facilitate regular lessons learned reviews at key stages of the project lifecycle
• Act as central interface for all formal communications with the customer, recording all incoming and outgoing correspondence
• Prepare project documents including correspondence letters, meeting minutes and presentations as required by the Project Manager.
• Monitor the status of the Project Deliverables Checklist and ensure requirements are adequately captured and reported as part of the reporting and governance framework
• Ensure that all project information is organised and accurately filed in a systematic fashion to enable auditors/inspectors to perform an audit trail through a project's life cycle
• Work alongside the Document Control function to roll out best practice for the maintenance of all project documents, including the management of information loaded to and account permissions to data share sites.
• Collate information for reporting progress of Key Project Activities as and when requested
• Provide administration support to the Project Manager as required
• Promoting the wider public good in all actions, acting in a morally, legally and socially appropriate manner in dealings with all stakeholders and members of project and/or programme and/or portfolio teams and the organisation
• Ensure that the project is working in accordance with project management techniques and methodologies (as outlined in the Project Management Handbook and defined by the Project Management Office)
• Act as a champion / super user on behalf of the project by maintaining a sound understanding and awareness of current and emerging project office tools and methodologies and advise project members accordingly
• Demonstrate effective communication and engagement with all personnel at all levels throughout the business (both internal and external stakeholders) to increase visibility of progress throughout the project and wider business
• Support the Project Manager in the induction phase for new starters, ensuring provision of all IT equipment and software access is in place
- Understanding of Project and Programme management tools and techniques and their purpose in the programme/project lifecycle.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to obtain collaboration from key programme stakeholders.
- Experience using SharePoint is desirable
- Graduates will also be considered for this post