Slough, United Kingdom
about 1 year ago
PRODUCTION ENGINEERING MANAGER
Are you looking for a long-term career within a precision manufacturing business operating within motorsport? I have an opportunity for you to become a part of a company who specialise in precision design engineering and manufacturing equipment for its motorsport clients. They target motorsport, high performance vehicles, rally vehicles, hybrid and electrical transport
I’m looking for a competent, influential and people orientated Production Engineering Manager to join the team to bring their knowledge and expertise to support all of production on a permanent basis.
Production Engineering Manager
- Manage department resources to ensure delivery to agreed customer milestones and support project meetings as required.
- Control workload across the group
- Lead Process and tooling development to support productivity and continuous improvement targets (cycle time reduction, scrap reduction, tooling spend reduction, process capability and RFT Improvements)
- Monitor department progress with suitable KPI's
- Champion a right first-time approach from the Production Engineering Team and develop robust systems and processes to deliver the top-quality manufacturing
- Support improvements in working to ISO and other nominated standards
- Lead capital equipment definition and implementation plans in accordance with operational strategy
- Develop an efficient and accurate cost estimating resource
- Build relationships with technical and academic bodies to ensure awareness of latest technologies and manufacturing developments
- Assist in identifying and auditing sub-contract suppliers from a technical position
- Manage the recruit process
- Mentor and train new starters and create personal development plans
- Complete Performance management and First Level Disciplinary when required
- Operate in accordance with business health and safety and other relevant employee policies.
The successful Production Engineering Manager will come from as strong component Manufacturing and precision machining background and will be a logical and structured thinker with an ability to define and manage project and action plans. You will be a strategic thinker and ability to translate strategy into action plans. You must have a passion for customer service as well as being commercially and financially aware with an ability to translate projects into real business value. You will be well versed in to build teams and developing key members of staff via delegation, coaching and mentoring.
If this specification looks like it meets your requirements for your next role, please hit click the apply button and we will be in touch to discuss any further aspects of the role.