£45000 - £50000 per annum
about 1 month ago
- Work to identify new Production improvement opportunities in the areas of quality, cost, performance.
- Evaluate and analyse current Production metrics and performance to identify areas requiring improvements.
- Analyse and identify opportunities to reduce process variation, improve process capabilities and optimize process performance.
- Facilitate the deployment of new and changed processes to provide improved results.
- Develop standard procedures and policies to be followed by the staff.
- Assist in the training of staff ensuring that they develop the skills to become subject matter experts in various systems and processes; enabling them to implement and sustain the improvements.
- Review and update Production procedures and documents based on project requirements.
- Support the introduction of new equipment defining user requirements specifications through to involvement in commissioning, validation, and ongoing operation & maintenance.
- Provide and maintain an efficient and effective asset management and aftersales service.
- Work with engineering teams to ensure hard to obtain inventory is re-engineered if appropriate
- Management of stores to ensure all requirements are met with no outages
- Liaison with vendors and customers
- Able to schedule regular stock counts, with below 5% error rate to an appropriate frequency
- Manage max and min inventory requirements
- Manage European inventory held outside of the UK, currently Germany
- Forecast supply and demand to prevent overstock situation (OOS)
- To control the information flow to suppliers whilst improving lead times and continuous improvement processes.
- To provide internal customer accurate information (e.g., Maintenance Manager) on inventory and logistics matters whilst maintaining best practices.
- Create process controls documents for continuous improvements and initiate best practice methods.
- Any Bill of Materials released from engineering to be reviewed developed and any Inventory sourced.
- Management of small team, dealing with any performance issues in a timely manner
- Continuous improvement of efficiency against KPI's
- Regular meetings with internal customers to discuss performance and any issues
- Strong understanding of INCO terms and how they can be used to benefit the business
- Lead the performance of the team through objectives, individual development plans, appraisals and coaching to achieve consistently increasing levels of performance.