over 1 year ago
Are you looking to work on some of the rail industry’s most exciting and diverse manufacturing projects? TXM are working with the largest global manufacturer of rail vehicles to recruit a Chief Electrical Engineer in Northern France.
- The main responsibility of the Product Chief Engineer is to oversee the rolling stock product delivery and support.
- You will have to continuously ensure the fulfilment of technical standards and the product requirements of the market and customers, while adhering to the overall product concept within the product family, to ensure competitiveness and profitability of bids and projects.
- Other responsibilities include developing standard building blocks, product strategy & solutions for Rolling Stock Electricals (EWIS), align and optimise functional and physical interfaces concepts to maximise re-use and Key Product Values and reduce time-to-market and cost.
- Globally responsible for aligning Electrical Rolling Stock solutions and building block Portfolio for the Rolling Stock (ROS) product families
- Globally responsible for the Electrical Rolling Stock concept, product selection and roadmap alignment with ROS families
- Globally responsible for the Electrical Rolling Stock product commitments into product developments and bids
- Globally overseeing Electrical product delivery and support
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Electrical Engineering or equivalent is mandatory for this role
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a similar, leading role is essential, preferably in the railway industry
- Experience in in System Engineering, Concept Design and Architecture, Requirement Management, Functional Analysis in Testing and Commissioning is highly desirable
- Experience in Electrical Engineering for production of electrical panels, cabinets, wiring harnesses and electro-mechanical assemblies required but not mandatory
- Exposure to Procurement related activities are nice to have
- Good team management skills are considered a plus
- Good communication and negotiating skills
- Languages: Proficient level of English