30 days ago
Permanent role in Formula 1
TXM are currently working with a Formula 1 team who are looking to bring in a new Performance & Simulation Engineer to focus on the aerodynamic characteristics of the of the vehicle model and simulator.
In this role you will need to utilise your prior experience with aerodynamics and vehicle dynamics to actively support the future car development. The aim of this role is to discover and development performance of the future car.
- Propose and refine through simulation target aerodynamic characteristics to address the performance limitation of the current and deliver lap time improvements with the medium-term car development programme.
- Actively support the future car development programme using the appropriate simulation and analysis tools to define target aerodynamic characteristics that will deliver the fastest car over the season.
- Prototype aerodynamic concepts in the existing simulation environment to carry out the necessary functionality and performance studies.
- Improve and develop methodologies to simulate vehicle performance for objective technical decision-making.
- Contribute to the continuous development of the aerodynamic model, part of the full vehicle simulation, to improve the correlation with the track and ultimately the team’s ability to deliver performance.
- Excellent academic background with a Mechanical or Aerospace engineering degree (preferably masters, 2:1 minimum grade) or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in
- vehicle dynamics
- race car aerodynamics
- lap simulation
- analysis of experimental and simulation data for objective technical decision-making
- modelling and simulation of vehicles.
- Familiar with optimisation problems.
- Ability to work collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams, to ambitious deadlines, and under minimal supervision.
- Motivated and focused person with excellent communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Matlab is a requirement. Experience with Dymola is a bonus.