Salary to be discussed upon applicaiton
22 days ago
As a Paint Sprayer the role will involve preparation of pre used busses and require full prep as needed plus painting busses – This will involve the preparation of all painted surfaces additional work on new panel fitting, sanding, cleaning etc. You will be responsible for preparing and painting the vehicle to specification, to a hight quality within the agreed timeframe. The quality will be set prior to each job within the bus rectification agreement with the customer.
As a Paint Sprayer you will work Monday to Friday days, salary to be discussed on application.
As a Paint Sprayer you will carry out such task as:
- Examining and cleaning bodywork and preparing pre painting
- Preparing the surface to be painted: cleaning it, buffing, and polishing (by hand or using a machine), priming it and masking (covering) the parts not to be painted.
- Mixing colours, usually using computerised paint mixing technology, to match the rest of the body colour.
- Applying the paint with a spray machine or handheld spray gun
- Buffing and polishing the surface between coats.
- Working out estimates of costs
- Completing records of materials used and manage paint stock within the mixing location.
- Keeping up to date with new products and working methods.
- Reading and working from complex part and assembly drawings and schematics and following verbal instructions. Moving between several distinct operations whilst maintaining high quality workmanship and overall efficiency.
- Fitting and assembly of metal, to vehicles during the assembly process in accordance with the customer and build specifications. This will be done with supervised assistance as needed where panels are damaged and need repair or replacement.
- Undertaking training or retraining associated with the post or the introduction of new working practices and training other colleagues.
If you are a Paint Sprayer and hold the above skills and experience and looking for your next opportunity, click to apply.