£40000 per annum
3 months ago
As an Operations Controller you would be working days Monday to Friday earning a salary of £40000+ per annum. This site is a brand-new depot for the business and would be an excellent opportunity for someone to grow their career.
Our client is ideally looking for an Operations Controller from a Bus Service background.
Purpose of Operations Controller
- To manage all parts on site plus paint and tools – responsible for all Health and Safety processes and
- COSH management – Ordering parts and materials within budget and process to continually strive to keep.
- costs down – To outsource any work needed to complete the job (example may be trim or powder coating) sourcing high quality suppliers quickly and within budgets.
- This role is multi-faceted and requires a person who can step from one subject to another quickly and proficiently. It’s a key role in a new business so flexibility and process are very important.
- This role will work with the Workshop Manager and when he is not on site will be the go-to person for the operational team.
Key Tasks for the Operations Controller
- Quotes for bus refurbishment and crash repairs – Respond to customers calls emails and tenders to quote for the above work.
- Parts and all other procurement for the Bicester facility plus ordering to complete each task on time. and to budget – To keep costs down and manage inventory.
- Parts stores management and from time to time managing the distribution of parts for ASO parts from the Bicester location.
- Manage all Compliance with the company’s Health and Safety procedures for the Bicester location reporting to the Health and Safety Manager for this task.
- Control the COSH storage and procedures in Bicester.
- Risk Assessment development
- Assist the Workshop Manager to develop processes to manage workflows to move from a manual process to online within 12 months of opening the facility.
- Develop a relationship with local companies who can provide outsourced services as needed to cover items like trim / powder coating etc.
- Undertaking training or retraining associated with the post or the introduction of new working practices and training other colleagues.
If you have worked in a Bus service/repair business and looking for a new opportunity to further your career, please click to apply.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.