Guildford, United Kingdom
about 1 year ago
NPI TEAM LEADER
We are working with this manufacturer who supplies into some of the highest technology business in the world to place an NPI Team Leader for the new product development and implementation function of the business focusing on design for manufacturing principles to allow for a successful and efficient product introduction.
As the NPI Team Leader, you will be liaising with engineering, production and project teams to achieve the successful introduction of new products and the continued manufacturing support of their product range.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Leading and delivering the NPI activities
- Allocate and forecast resource and capability
- Provide input into proposals, manage and communicate stakeholder requirements, resolve issues and makes decisions in line with business plans; ensures own understanding and that of the team.
- Provide clear technical input.
- Planning and resource forecasting to ensure delivery of multiple concurrent projects, working alongside the production planning function in line with business imperatives.
- Support/advise quality project team in creation of internal and external KPI’s
- Fully contribute to the process of continuous improvements.
- Ability to use PFMEA/DFMEA/Control plan tools & risk management techniques
- Obtain and coordinate all manufacturing documentation.
- Implement ECR’s (Engineering Change Requests)
The Skills, Qualifications and Experience you will need to perform this role include:
- A Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or a combination of relevant education and work-related experience within an NPI Environment – a HND or HNC will be considered with strong supporting relevant experience.
- Proficiency in a range of processes or procedures through job-related training and considerable on-the-job expertise.
- Experience of using or configuring an MES system, ideally Aegis FactoryLogix®
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant IPC standards.
- Good knowledge and understanding of electro-mechanical products and manufacturing processes at both PCBA and box build/HL (High Level) assembly.
- Good understanding of electronic equipment design and test processes.
- Excellent project management, organisational and interpersonal skills in relation to NPI
- Experience in creating manufacturing BOM structures for PCBA’s and Box build
- Comprehensive understanding of industry standards and regulations
- Good understanding of working in a similar high technology environment.
- Knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques – PCBA Surface mount and conventional assembly, machining and surface finishes.
- Experience in product routings and workflows.