Temp to Perm - COMPETITIVE SALARY
9 days ago
About the role:
- Accountable for ensuring all Environmental/Temperature Control rooms and equipment are available for end users, keeping down times to an absolute minimum during breakdowns.
- Fault find and carry out repairs on all mechanical / electrical systems and HVAC equipment
- Ensure the site’s logbook is kept up to date, and all losses, recoveries and additions are recorded appropriately.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and operational upkeep of portable and fixed equipment.
- Plan oversee and work with all subcontractors during service visits associated with mechanical and electrical systems.
- Carry out all PPMs and reactive tasks as necessary to onsite HVAC plant and specialist equipment.
- Undertake any other engineering tasks as required by the Help Desk or Line Manager.
- Ensure that PPM and Reactive jobs are processed, and defects are diagnosed, and faults are repaired and testing.
- Responsibilities will also include being a member of the on-call rota for the contract.
- Tasks will be allocated using a PDA, so all activities must be recorded and logged in real time
- Occasional light office moves and installation of furniture
- Door maintenance on furniture and closures etc
- Basis handyman skills i.e TV bracket and small painting touch-ups
Experience in the following:
- Valves, pumps and HVAC equipment.
- Air conditioning systems such as VAV, FAT boxes.
- Air Handling Units
- Water Treatment
- Emergency Lighting monthly and yearly discharge tests
- L8 water tap temp etc
- Building management system (BMS).
- Control systems
- Electrical power distribution and lighting systems
- If not already qualified be prepared to undertake training for the IEE Regulations 18th Edition education qualifications in an appropriate discipline along with Electrical Testing and Inspection (2391)
- Minimum Electrical/Mechanical engineer qualifications to NVQ level 2
- Fully conversant with all major manufactures systems and equipment
- L8 Awareness
- Experience of maintaining all relevant mechanical and electrical equipment to clearly defined criteria.
- Recognised Health and Safety Qualification, such as NEBOSH / IOSH would be advantageous.
- Basic plumbing skills required
- Must be able to read and work to mechanical and electrical schematic drawings.
- Company vehicle for business use only
- Full tooling kit supplied
- 40 Working hours per week Mon-Friday 8am-5pm (1 hour lunch)
- Annual leave plus Bank holidays
- Additional health and company benefits