£30,000 plus benefits
TXM Recruit are partnering with an exciting and growing Scientific company who provide contract laboratory services to a pharmaceutical, life sciences and FMCG organisations.
As part of their growth strategy for 2018 they are looking to strengthen and employ a new Microbiologist.
This is an agile and entrepreneurial company and therefore your work will be varied, working with multiple clients and projects. You will have the opportunity to regularly engage and meet with customers. Flexible career progression routes and personal development can be accommodated.
- -Responsible for the output of the Microbiology QC Lab and monitoring of manufacturing, filling and packaging areas.
- Ensure that the Microbiology facility and testing are compliant with GLP standards.
- Calibration and maintenance of microbiology laboratory and equipment
- Work across the entire product life cycle to test raw materials, intermediaries, and finished products.
- To oversee the environmental monitoring and water supplies testing programme
- produce periodic EM and Water Reports for facility monitoring
- Investigate microbial contamination and deviations from work instructions
- Monitor cleanliness and sanitisation of production equipment.
Microbiologist experience required:
- Degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline, ideally Microbiology
- minimum of 2 years’ experience in Microbiology techniques
- Experience in pharmaceutical GMP environment
- Testing as per pharmacopeia methods
- Understanding and use of LIMS and Laboratory notebooks
- Ideally exposed to wider regulatory environment and requirements as per the Orange Guide, MHRA and EP/USP
Salaries of circa £30,000 are on offer, with 25 days holiday and a benefits package.
If you are interested in this Quality Control career opportunity please contact James Powell at TXM Recruit for a conversation about this and other options we can provide.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.