Tyne and Wear
£42664 per annum
3 months ago
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Technician to carry out maintenance on Rolling stock based out of the company’s depot in Newcastle. This role is a 12-month fixed term contract with possible extension.
This role has a salary of £42,664 pa (£33,215 basic+ £9449 shift allowance), the role is working on a shift roster covering 24/7
Ex forces, automotive , aircraft and other transferable industries will be considered
Carry out preventative maintenance programmes on a variety of rolling stock and Depot infrastructure repairs/maintenance.
Programmes include duty checks, inspections according to examination sheets, component changes and overhaul of various rolling stock parts - where trained assessed and deemed competent
Investigate faults on mechanical, pneumatic and other components as required/ instructed in line with core discipline.
• Refurbishment and modification of rolling stock including the replacement and upgrading of components and systems.
• Carry out component overhauls as instructed when trained and deemed competent to do so.
Recognised Mechanical Apprenticeship/ NVQ level 3 or above
• Able to carry out routine planned and preventative maintenance
• Able to carry out fault investigation
• Able to overhaul mechanical equipment
• Positive and flexible approach to work completion
• Communicate effectively
• Work productively as part of a team
• Able to read technical drawings
The role comes with a generous benefits package including 33 Days holiday, generous pension contribution, Membership of health cashback plans & Flexi time scheme etc
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, Please Apply Now