Ilford, United Kingdom
12 months ago
We are currently recruiting for an experienced mechanical engineer on behalf of our multinational client with a view of starting on the 1st November. The ideal candidate will have HVAC experience, or a HVAC relevant qualification having worked with pressure systems previously. This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a respected and widely recognised organisation where personal development is paramount.
Monday – Friday: 0700-1530
Salary: Up to 36,000K Per annum
All mechanical engineers are required to service, maintain, fault find and repair mechanical equipment in the areas of our client’s operational responsibility. The mechanical engineers are also responsible for controlling specialist contractors in their operational areas listed below. The below is not exhaustive.
- Maintain, service & repair all mechanical equipment associate with steam boilers, associated with the generation and distribution of steam to include flow, pressure, firing rates and environmental control & monitoring systems including leak detection & repair
- Planned and reactive maintenance of hydraulic lubrication and other systems.
- Maintenance of mechanical assets within the contract scope.
- Record a comprehensive log at the end of each shift describing the shift’s activity
- To be aware and implement current statutory and best practice requirements to also include the appropriate regulations systems and procedures for the site
- To be familiar with and understand their own role in the site contingency plans for dealing with emergency situations
- To be responsible for all maintenance and repairs of the site’s mechanical requirements
- To seek opportunities to develop business potential, lead any initiatives and act as supervising officer for any project work
- Responsible for generating, costing and controlling projects
- To ensure that all third-party contractors that are requested to carry out work on site, do so in a safe and professional manner and abide by any company or site-specific procedures
- To ensure that the Account Manager is kept informed of all aspects of safety and environmental performance, plant performance and customer circumstances that may impact upon the safe, efficient, reliable and cost-effective operation of the plant and smooth operation of the customer’s requirements
- To produce, update and review site Procedures, Method Statements and Risk Assessments in accordance with best practice
- To carry out scheduled maintenance tasks, repairs and operations of equipment and services in accordance with best practice and site requirements
- Ensure compliance with all current regulations according to the relevant guidelines
Qualifications and Experience:
- ONC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- Time served
- Pressure Systems Awareness
- Asbestos awareness
- Maintenance management theory & practice
- Steam/High Temperature Hot Water generation & distribution
- Hydraulic/lubrication experience
- Beneficial to have a second qualification e.g. gas
After reading the above if you feel you match up to our client’s expectations and want to begin a new and exciting career within mechanical engineering then why not get in touch? Your new job could be just one click away…