£40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: 10% Bonus and benefits
about 1 month ago
Industrial Plant Layouts
£40,000- £50,000 + benefits and bonus
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Designer to work on industrial plant layouts & design of workflows for high value projects & varied customer needs. These projects range across site expansions, upgrades/ retrofits and brand new builds from scratch.
You will be joining a long-standing international project engineering business who specialise in the design, build and integrations for production and processing plants within FMCG, chemicals, energy and utilities markets.
As Mechanical Designer your work will focus on the positioning and layouts of: conveyors; piping; manufacturing or processing equipment for example pumps or compressors; infeeds; discharges & electrical access points. In addition to mechanical design there will be work with structural requirements and steel platforms and mezzanines for example.
Naturally you will generate design documents, create sketches, work from marked-up drawings, and/or vendor information provided by project engineers. Additionally, you will support the pre-design structural unitized and moduled system for the Design & Integration Process.
- To be suited to this position you will have previous mechanical design experience from within industrial, manufacturing or production plant settings
- You will be experienced in the design and drafting of plant layouts, equipment layouts and general arrangements / G.As
- This will not a product design or component level design position.
- Structural design and working with steel would be advantageous
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2D – You will be drawing in 2D & 3D and exposure to scanning systems.
- Ideally you will have a HNC or HND with an engineering, design or manufacturing discipline
Location: Northampton with occasional travel 10-20% visiting internal fabrication facilities in Europe and customer sites.
Benefits: £40,000-£50,000 plus a 10% bonus and travel allowance/bonus. Flexible working hours.
Progression opportunities to move into engineering and project management- supported by training and certifications.
With the variety of projects and working with different sites & customers, this has great potential for new experiences and career development.
If you are interested in this Mechanical Designer position, please send your CV and contact James Powell at TXM Recruit.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.