£45000 per annum
21 days ago
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will get a salary of £45000 working day shifts Monday to Friday. Looking for Design Engineer with prior experience in heavy engineering
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you are Responsible, under limited supervision of a Senior Engineer, for the design and development of engineering products from the justification stage, through to provision of documentation and technical support in service. This includes the interfaces with related equipment, assembly, installation, operation, maintenance, and disposal.
Duties of a Mechanical Design Engineer would include:
· Design, development, and safety validation of engineering products for inclusion in rail track systems, ensuring lowest manufacture / installation costs are considered
· Improvement of existing products, processes, and design tools
· Comparison of alternative design solutions
· Producing designs for assessment and formal acceptance of product designs through sign-off of drawings and reports
· Ensure a Senior Engineer is consulted and informed regarding all emerging risks and opportunities relating to safety, programme, products, or projects.
· Provision of high quality, accurate work to established drawing, technical or engineering standards
· Use and assist in the development of emerging design tools
· Appreciation of product behaviour, manufacturability, and maintainability issues
· Identify process improvements in area of focus and raise these with supervisor
· Timely, accurate and complete processing of allocated design tasks
· Provide support to manufacturing operations to adjudicate on engineering compliance issues arising through NCRs or process change.
Requirements of a Mechanical Design Engineer would be:
· Master’s degree (or BEng and further study) in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
· At least two years relevant experience in a similar environment
· Innovative problem solver
· Good knowledge of technical standards, codes, and specifications
· A knowledge of Finite Element Analysis would be a benefit
· Working knowledge of the Rail Industry preferred
If you are interested in the position and would like to find out some more details, then please get in touch.