£50000 per annum
about 1 month ago
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Contracts Manager for one of the country's most well respected engineering companies.
Our client specialise in Mechanical and Electrical works in both the Domestic and Commercial sectors with a client base including Schools, Care Homes, NHS Trusts, Hotels, Leisure Facilities and various private companies and individuals.
The position is project facing and the majority of work our client does is on school refurbs.
Basics of role for Mechanical Contracts Manager (the job role includes, but is not limited to the items below):
- To oversee the mechanical department, looking after jobs 5k up to 500k (mainly 50k-200k), majority of our projects are refurbishment schemes.
- To manage the labour requirements for each contract including sourcing sub-contractors/temporary staff where required.
- To look after all aspects of material procurement, ensuring best value.
- To attend contract meetings, carry out site visits, liaise with clients, both verbally and written.
- To have good technical knowledge regarding relevant regulations.
- Being able to understand and work off consultants’ specifications and drawings, along with some design and build projects.
- To be able to identify variations and provide detailed take off’s to ensure all items can be priced for approval by the client.
- To ensure a quality finish on all contracts before handover.
- Added to an on call rota.
- Already holds CSCS card.
- Will be responsible for the P&L across the department.
- Estimating experience desirable but not a requirement.
- Will require a driving licence and will be DBS checked to an enhanced level