Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Opening date: 8 Jun 2018 9:00am
Summary: “Mercedes AMG HPP are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our world championship winning team at Brixworth.” Plan processes, design fixtures and tools, tool select, NC program, set up, modify, optimise and monitor a manufacturing process. Work to produce high quality goods in the shortest lead time. Be designers, as well as analytical and creative thinkers. Operate on your own initiative but also contribute as a team member working with engineers from various disciplines. Work with professionals from all areas of the business. Ensure the manufacturing / assembly areas are fully operational on a daily basis and are delivering to the safety, quality, delivery and cost metrics; Prime responsibility.
If you're successful in this role, you'll…
- Achieve objectives set for you on time and with the specified quality.
- Demonstrate an ability to embrace change and rise to challenges set by your line manager.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the delivery requirements in our concurrent environment.
Additional information… Day to day activities to include;
- Creating work instructions such that parts are manufactured to desired quality in the required lead time.
- Be responsible for families of parts and ensure the production areas are fully operational.
- Identify and purchase tooling, design and order fixtures for part production.
- Support H&S & compliance requirements of M.E. & manufacturing.
Therefore we need you to be skilled at…
- Designing new systems and processes for the introduction of new products or for the improvement of existing ones.
- Working with other engineers such as mechanical engineers and electrical engineers, to ensure products and system requirements are taken into account from the initial product conception to finished result.
- Managing budgets.
- Examining and tendering for new equipment to ensure the highest quality at the best price.
- Researching and developing processes/technology to ensure the company is at the forefront of manufacturing; leading the way.
- Keeping up to date with current and developing trends at national and international levels in the manufacturing industry.
- Continuously developing skills and knowledge.
- Communicating with various professionals from different areas of the business.
Have experience of…
- CNC machining in a precision engineering environment.
- R&D type activities. (Rapid change environment).
- Working in teams or independently with successful, achievable results.
- Working closely with the quality department to achieve design requirements.
- Creating, reading and understanding engineering drawings.
- Cad design.
- Similar working environments (motorsport, aircraft, engine development programs). Catia V5, Openmind, Vericut qualified.
- High level of CNC programming competency in Fanuc or Heidenhain
- CAD CAM and verification software.
Demonstrate knowledge of…
- Manufacturing processes; machining with various machine types; turning, milling and grinding.
- Various manufacturing processes such as heat treatment, plating and coating.
- Machining various materials.
- Understanding quality requirements
Hold these qualifications…
- Minimum of HNC in mechanical engineering or similar (e.g. Manufacturing or product design).
- MSc or BSc in mechanical engineering or similar (e.g. Manufacturing or product design).
- A methodical thinker.
- A team player as well as self-driven.
- Someone who strives for the best.
In return you’ll get the chance to be part of a team with some of the best in the world, at a state of the art facility, with a very real chance to make history.
We look forward to meeting you!