£34000 - £41000 per annum
16 days ago
As a Locomotive Technician you will be working on a varied shift pattern and will be offered a fantastic salary, varying between £34k and £41k dependant on experience.
We are looking for locomotive technicians with prior experience of Locomotives and working on their engines.
As a Locomotive Technician your role will include various tasks such as:
· Proactively maintain the customer’s locomotive fleet to ensure safe and reliable operation.
· Carry out maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification, and fault-finding activities as necessary.
· Act as lead engineer for contracts, projects, or tasks as necessary to support operational performance or customer demand as identified by line manager.
· Take the lead role in progressing specific technical engineering issues as directed by line manager, providing guidance to other engineers as necessary.
This Field Service Engineer position comes with fantastic benefits, including:
· Relevant experience gained in a similar position.
· Proven track record of working effectively with Diesel engineering technology, associated systems, and controls.
· Ability to self-start and proactively deliver the service.
· A logical, analytical, and objective approach to problem solving and fault diagnosis.
· Ability to work on locomotives in railway sidings, depots, and operational sites.
· Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship or equivalent experience
· BTEC National Certificate /ONC in Engineering or European equivalent.
If you are interested in this role and feel you have the above skill set please click to apply