5 months ago
TXM Recruit are working with a global leader in train manufacturing who continuously break new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. They have an urgent requirement for a Lean Specialist to join their company based in the East Midlands, the heartbeat of the UK Rail Industry.
- Lead and deploy best practices in the manufacturing organization by supporting continuous improvement in manufacturing processes, reducing tooling costs, improving the flow of material, setting up standard cycle times, and balancing lines.
- Generate cost reduction initiatives through the application of Lean principles, and Six Sigma methodologies and tools.
- Lead and facilitate Kaizen workshops.
- Prepare feasibility studies, value analyses, business cases, without compromise to deliveries and quality standards of the end products.
- Give directions to help in preparing layouts and detailed drawings that will eventually assist in improving the manufacturing processes.
- Make recommendations with Engineering to induce cost reduction through Design to Manufacturing, Design to Value, and Design to Cost.
- Spot and solve issues of over consumption, by means of root cause analyses, and application of typical Lean methodologies.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a Lean manufacturing, Lean auditing function preferably within the transportation industry
- Abilities to work across functions, and in teams
- Track record of change management execution
- Abilities to challenge the status quo, at fast pace
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to identify problems, and resolve them in a structured manner
- Continuous improvement and performance oriented
- Willingness to travel for business purposes.
If you feel you have the relevant qualifications along with experience to succeed in this role then please send me your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 07505812377