£550 per day
13 days ago
12 Month Contract
Purpose of Role:
The Lead Systems Engineer will play a lead role in Customer Requirements Management, management of the technical design risk, the definition of the System and Sub-system Design, and subsequent production of detailed Product Requirements for Project Teams to implement.
This role will help play a major part in delivering the ETCS on-board systems necessary as the business demands. The role will focus on all parts of the lifecycle activities of the System Engineering process for all ETCS on-board projects.
- Will work closely with colleagues in the bids & tendering team, the engineering team members in the UK and overseas, project groups, the lines of business and heads of technology throughout the business, to ensure that the project systems solutions meets customers’ needs now, and in the future.
- Will work closely with the on-board train fitment design team to ensure all project related system constraints are understood and implemented accordingly.
- Provide key input and ideas to help determine the most appropriate technical, product and commercial solutions within the given geographical and technical environment.
- Customer Requirements Elicitation, Capture and Analysis
- System Requirements Elicitation and Specification
- System Design Analysis and Specification
- Product Requirements Specification
- Management of Interface Risk
- Technical Management of the Train Design Authority & internal and external Design teams to achieve coherent design solutions
- Working within a Configuration Control system (including raising and applying Change Requests etc.)
- Providing estimations for system engineering activities
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience) in an engineering, scientific or numerate discipline
- Proven track record and experience of working within the rail sector
- Experience in providing technical leadership in demanding safety critical environments
- Knowledge of the systems engineering life cycle, cost awareness and awareness of processes involved in other engineering disciplines
- Experience in mentoring engineers working in a safety critical development environment
- Understanding and practical experience of applying ETCS standards
Please note this role falls OUTSIDE IR35 so if you are looking for your next contracting role and would like some more information please click 'APPLY' and we will be in touch