£42000 per annum
18 days ago
We have an exciting permanent opportunity based in Derby for a large Engineering business.
Purpose of the Role: Responsible for supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems and providing efficient support to all end users.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots and resolves software, hardware and connectivity problems
- Work with the business to understand business needs, then document IT requirements whilst ensuring new systems follow IT standards and integrate with existing platforms and solutions.
- Support project managers to create infrastructure implementation planning, perform system testing and implement new systems to meet business requirements.
- Produces systems reports based on findings, highlighting exceptions to standard conditions.
- Specialised in networking to CCNA level on routers, switches and firewall implementation / troubleshooting
- Ability to navigate the system in detail
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows technologies (Windows server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019 Desktop – 7 & 10) and Active Directory management
- Virtualisation skills including VMWare/ESX and Veeam backup technologies
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to travel into Derby at least 2 days per week
- 33 Days Holiday
- Defined Pension Scheme
- Free train travel on selected operating companies
If you are looking for your next role and would be interested in a confidential conversation please click 'APPLY' and we will be in touch.