£51000 per annum
11 days ago
Salary: £51,000 with a £2500 shift pattern allowance
Working hours: 42-hour week, overtime is available extra shifts
Shift pattern: 4 days 4 off 4 nights 4 off, 12 hours shift 6am – 6pm and then 6pm – 6am nights (weekends and bank holidays)
Location: Ilford / Seven kings (some outstation work for breakdowns)
Vehicles being worked on: Aventra fleet support, 720 east Anglia, lo train fleet, 379 Greater Anglia, Cross rail fleet 345 – 30 year maintenance contract (very stable job)
Qualifications needed: Level 3 minimum but added experience of completed similar role of fault-finding experience.
What you’ll need
Mechanical and electrical engineering based NVQ level 3 qualification or higher, or time served apprenticeship in mechanical and electrical disciplines.
Experience in undertaking preventative and corrective maintenance on high value safety critical equipment.
Experience in fault finding, root cause analysis and diagnosing faults in complex mechanical, electrical, electronic systems.
Experience in the use of computer based diagnostic and electrical testing equipment.
Ability to read and interpret mechanical, electrical schematics.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare for and undertake planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
- Confirm that traction and rolling stock assets comply with operational specifications by the use of engineering processes and techniques.
- Read and extract information from drawings and specifications
- Prepare for and undertake the removal and replacement of the components
- Modify or manufacture components by material
- Install, assemble components using engineering processes and techniques
- Identify, assess and rectify defects and discrepancies on the assets
- Support technicians with reliability improvements
- Attend and provide technical support with failures in service when on duty
If the above job sounds like a role you are interested in and have the experience for click to apply now!