£45000 per annum
about 2 months ago
The successful candidate will cover the Southampton and surrounding areas whilst benefiting from their training offering to aid your career development.
As a Field Service Engineer your role will include various tasks such as:
- Carry out maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification, and fault-finding activities as necessary
- Act as lead engineer for contracts, projects, or tasks as necessary to support operational performance or customer demand as identified by line manager
- Take the lead role in progressing specific technical engineering issues as directed by line manager, providing guidance to other engineers as necessary
- Participate on the Engineering Services On-Call Roster, providing technical assistance over the phone or in the field as required
- Data input to locomotive history tracking system completed in a timely manner
- 5 weeks working Monday to Friday on 37.5 hours than 1 week of 24 hour on call duties, any overtime at time and a half.
Field Service Engineer Requirements:
- Relevant experience gained in a similar position/similar locomotive.
- Proven track record of working effectively with Diesel engineering technology, associated systems and controls
- Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship or equivalent experience
- BTEC National Certificate /ONC in Engineering or European equivalent.
This Field Service Engineer position comes with fantastic benefits, including:
- A salary of £39k - £45k + company vehicle + petrol card to cover any expenses incurred including travel, food, hotel while away etc!
- Company pension scheme with 5% employee and 5% employer contribution
- Company funded life assurance of 3 times your annual salary
- 33 days holiday per annum, pro rata (inclusive of bank/public holidays)
Our client is ideally looking for someone with class 66 locomotive experience but also open to candidates from other industries that have had experience on large diesel engines.
These roles are also open to anyone from the ex forces.
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant experience, then please click to apply.