Birmingham, United Kingdom
over 1 year ago
?Are you looking for a new opportunity in engineering? We have an excellent facilities maintenance position available under the job title of Fabric Engineer. The opportunity allows you to gain excellent first hand experience working on a large commercial property as well as consistent personal development being offered throughout.
- Interpret and work from all instructions, drawings and specifications appropriate to his/her own trade, without supervision.
- Set up New Work appropriate to his/her own trade using relevant tools, equipment and machinery, without supervision, as appropriate to his/her grade.
- To maintain workshops and working environment in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
- Where required, work off tower scaffolding, MEWP’s, ladders, and step ladders.
- To carry out unsupervised maintenance and repairs and report any defects or unusual circumstances to the Supervisor/ Ops Manager.
- Requirement to learn new techniques with training* as necessary.
- Scope of work will include entering Mortuary, ITU’s, A&E admissions, Operating Theatres etc after reporting to Trust Staff. Occasional exposure to distressing or emotional circumstances could be encountered.
- To understand the general working of the Estate, so that work can be carried out in the most efficient manner, pro-active in developing new ways of working.
- To understand fully the inter-relationship between various maintenance crafts.
- To be contacted by radio and/or PDA to receive instructions. This can involve frequent disruption to work patterns.
Why not start a new career today? Your new job is just one click away...