£50000 per annum
about 1 month ago
- Be the designated person, when onsite, for ensuring depot security and ensuring adherence by all team members for all matters relating to safe working practices and environment.
- Work to the instructions of the Engineering Manager, undertake all work as outlined in the Leader Standard Work document and other tasks as required.
- Lead and provide immediate supervision to the team to ensure they undertake the efficient and safe servicing, maintenance, repair, overhaul and cleaning of vehicles and components to set specifications.
- Identify, forward plan and allocate workload, to ensure it is balanced and presented at the correct time. Liaise with other Team Leaders to determine work priorities and identify best practice to ensure service and KPI targets are met.
- Ensure adherence of the team to working instructions, health & safety regulations, quality procedures and environmental systems
- Ensure necessary resources are available to the team at the required time; e.g. parts, consumables, tooling, equipment
- Ensure work documentation is issued and records are correctly compiled, signed off and maintained.
- Provide verbal and/or written reports to Engineering Manager as required. Undertake team and shift briefings and handovers using Team Talk Boards effectively.
- Root cause and target areas of improvement within fleet reliability by focusing on breakdown reduction, planned maintenance, MDBF and lost mileage.
- Work with the Engineering Manager to manage engineering costs in the depot / garage whilst increasing the efficiency and capability of their engineering team.
- Deputise/be the site lead for the Engineering Manager in their absence.
- A strong Engineering background with proven experience in maintenance, repair and overhaul of heavy vehicle, equipment and/or machinery, preferably with knowledge and/or experience of the Bus/HGV industry
- Ideal candidates will have served a recognised apprenticeship or hold a vocational qualification in a relevant mechanical, electrical engineering, or similar field. Alternatively educated to degree level or diploma in an engineering /vehicle maintenance discipline
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety and leads by example in the adherence to related working policies, practices and procedures (IOSH)
- Ability to lead and supervise a team and individuals to bring out the best of their abilities to ensure a safe and effective working environment is maintained.
- Excellent attention to detail and work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Good interpersonal skills and written communication; ability to communicate with all staff and accept feedback in all forms.
- Experience of working in partnership with Trade Union representative