£68500 - £80000 per annum
3 months ago
You will lead a team of circa 30 direct employees, including Duty Engineering Managers and Technicians. As well as a variety of business partners, suppliers, and consultants, who all contribute to the maintenance and safe operation of our primary heating, cooling, and solid fuel combustion plant. In this role, you will oversee the safe and compliant delivery of key operational, commercial, and performance plans to ensure an efficient business function that provides excellent service to Heathrow colleagues, customers, and passengers.
Your role will involve
- Leading the delivery of the operational maintenance plan to ensure clear cost, asset performance, risk, compliance, health, safety, and environmental targets are achieved.
- Ensuring the safe and reliable operation of the primary heating and cooling generation plant, including Chillers, Cooling Towers, Boilers, and the onsite solid fuel combustion plant for sustainably generating heat and electricity, through planned and reactive maintenance works.
- Assisting the various Engineering Support teams to deliver the commercial, compliance, energy, asset, and environment strategies for the Heathrow Engineering team.
- Ensuring all identified risks and opportunities are challenged and have effective plans in place that are being delivered.
- Working with the Asset Manager and project teams to understand asset condition and performance, inform future decision-making, and oversee the delivery of asset replacement and re-life project works.
- Ensuring delivery resource is appropriately managed and trained to a competent level.
These skills are essential
- A professional qualification within engineering or asset management.
- Strong track record of delivering business improvements and change within a complex environment.
- Effective problem-solving ability with an analytical approach to complex issue resolution.
- Strong and inspiring leadership skills; able to create a clear vision for the future and motivate others to follow and pursue that vision.
- Proven track record in the planning and implementation of capital projects and commercial strategies
- Demonstrable knowledge of management systems and risk management