Northampton, United Kingdom
2 months ago
One of the worlds leading Motorsport and Automotive companies have an exsiting opening for an Electrical Technician to join the ERS Electrical Team in Product Engineering on a contractor basis.
The Electronics Technician assists Electronics Engineers in releasing prototype electronics assemblies and circuit boards. Part of the role also involves incoming PCB inspection to IPC Standards.
The role demands a high degree of contact with Engineers and other departments to deliver solutions efficientlt & in a timely manner.
Role Specific Accountabilities
• Specifically an Electronics Technician is responsible for the following as part of his/her role within the business or department (in no particular order):
• Assisting Electronics Engineers with prototype manufacture of PCBs, cables & complete units.
• Ensuring Electronics labs are tidy & well stocked, & all equipment is tested & within calibration.
• Day to day management of their tasks
• Building inter departmental working relationships
• Championing best practices
• Liaison with internal and external suppliers
• Health and safety of his or herself within the work environment.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
• Excellent practical knowledge of general electronics
• Practical PCB assembly skills (through hole & SMT) using normal equipment & best practice
• Practical cable/loom assembly skills using normal equipment & best practice
• Mechanical workshop skills (for assembly of prototype boxes)
• Knowledge of basic electronic principles
• Knowledge of mains wiring principles including safe working practices
• Use of MS Office (word excel)
• Use of basic electronic test equipment (DDM, Bench PSU, ect
• PCB inspection to IPC standards
• BTEC/ HNC/HND in electronics
C&G 17th Edition
• Creative and innovative
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Flexible & adaptable with excellent time management
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Team player
• Thorough in their approach
• Demonstrate accountability and credibility
If you have any positions on this role or you believe you have the expereince and skills required to excel at this role and would like to apply please contact Jack @ TXM Recruit on 01908 224028 or email Jack.email@example.com