£29.18 - £31.81 per hour
23 days ago
We are looking for individuals from a rolling stock, REME, Vehicle and Aircraft (Avionics) background who hold advanced experience within the field of mechanical or Electrical engineering.
Mechanical & Electrical Technicians.
Location: West London
Qualification: Minimum NVQ Level 3 in mechanical or electrical engineering
Shifts: Monday to Friday 7am - 5pm. Weekend work also available with uplift.
Contract length: 6 months+
Training: 2 weeks training provided.
HOURLY PAY RATE:
Hourly Pay: DAYS £29.18 Umbrella per hour and NIGHTS (If required) £31.81 Umbrella per hour. (inside IR35 so would need to be paid through an umbrella company or PAYE)
Technician Job Description
- Overseeing train shunts
- Coupling and uncoupling of trains to shunt vehicles
- Coordinating and carrying unit lifts using jacks
- Disconnecting underframe equipment, such as water tanks, exhausts, couplers
- Removing Bogies
- Dismantle and reassembling front end of trains, body panelling and support frames etc
- Carrying electrical disconnections in preparation for welding activities
- Carrying out vehicle live testing using advance train test equipment.
- Understand engineering drawings and procedures.
- Perform scheduled maintenance activities on the rolling stock in accordance with the vehicle maintenance instructions
- Undertake servicing and preparation of the rolling stock.
- Undertake driving duties within depot confines in accordance with the depot operating procedures and instructions
- Actively participate in the ongoing continuous improvement activities for maintenance processes and maintenance procedures that support all depot and fleet activities
- Support the delivery of new trains and undertake the maintenance acceptance processes.
- Ensure exam tasks are being completed in a timely manner, undertake basic fault rectification or repair when required.
- Adherence to all health and safety processes and procedures.
- Attendance at testing locations, main line station and outstations to undertake preventative and corrective maintenance as required.
- Outstanding Safety Awareness gained in an operational railway engineering environments.
- Experience of working at stabling outstations or main line station technical support.
- Modern fault finding and repair techniques using pc based laptops and remote train diagnostics.
- Reading electrical, pneumatic, mechanical schematics and drawings reading
- Extensive experience of modern maintenance management systems (MMS) and associated reliability and available trend analysis.
- Experience of performing modifications and campaigns on modern rolling stock.
Job Skills and Experience:
Experience ideally working within a rail service and maintenance environment, but other industries will be considered:
- Rolling Stock
- British Army
- Royal Navy
NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical or Electrical discipline.
Intermediate IT skills – typically Word, Excel, Outlook
Good written and verbal communication skills
If you are interested please click to apply or contact Kenny McEvoy at TXM Recruit.